Dear TJBL Community,
Thank you for your patience as we worked hard to determine what kind of basketball season that we can offer this year. We are pleased to say that we can offer a basketball season for most ages this year, albeit very modified from previous years.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer an instructional league due to lack of court availability at appropriate times for very young children, however we hope to have a low-cost clinic/s later in the season for children who are 6 and 7 years old to introduce them to fundamentals. More to come on this in the future.
We plan to open registration very soon and will let you know via e-mail as soon as it is available! It will look very different than other seasons but together we are hopeful to provide a safe and fun opportunity to continue playing basketball this year!
We can share the following details at this point.
· We do not have access to Tiverton Public Schools at this time due to COVID-19. This significantly limits the amount of playing time we can offer and drastically increases the cost to play at the same time.
· The season will begin February 1st and likely run until early April.
· We have secured court time at Longplex in Tiverton, RI, however availability is very limited and is quite costly. Games will likely be played on Mondays and Wednesdays evening between 6-9pm, with younger children playing earlier and older children playing later. We anticipate 8-10 hours of playing time total for each player inclusive of practice/games.
· We must abide by all Longplex and/or State of RI Rules regarding COVID safety. These rules are subject to change at any time during the season and are not controlled by TJBL. At this time, players, coaches and spectators must wear a face covering at all times. All children must be accompanied by one adult-no drop offs. Only one spectator per child will be allowed into Longplex. Families will need to arrive no more than 10 minutes before a game and leave immediately following the game following the instructions and safety measures of Longplex staff. Temperature checks will occur and information for contact tracing purposes will be obtained. Longplex staff will sanitize the facility and rest rooms.
· Registration will be the same rate as last year ($135 for single player,$165 for two children, $175 for three or more children) and we will ask that families participate in a calendar fundraiser.
· We will not be able to offer refunds for individual reasons under any circumstances. This means if you or your family member needs to quarantine or becomes ill, we will not be able to provide a refund. If, however, Longplex is shut down during the season and the league receives a refund on the space rental, a partial refund will be calculated and provided.
· We will continue to support participation of Westport residents in the recreation league as we have for the last several years. Westport players will be integrated onto teams which have Tiverton players. Please keep in mind we will not issue refunds once the season has started to players who discontinue participation if Longplex in Tiverton remains opens for business. Please consider your comfort level with travelling across state lines and playing in a league that has both RI and Mass residents.
· We will try to offer different divisions for boys and girls, however if registration numbers cannot support separate divisions, we may offer co-ed play.
TJBL Board of Directors